Alliance Project Management Support (San Jose, CA)
We are looking for an entry level project manager to support the overall program manager for a joint solution (across partners) launch at a global/public B2B high tech company. The person in this role will manage cross functional and cross company project team meetings, build project schedules in MS project, manage deliverables and ensure adherence to project schedules. Collaboration/tracking will be required across the engineering, product management, support and marketing teams of both companies. Strong attention to detail and excellent teamwork skills required.
This is a 40 hour per week, 6 month contract role (extensions likely), onsite role in San Jose, CA. This is a W-2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Develop detailed project plan for a joint solution development/launch project across multiple departments (such as engineering, product management, support, marketing)
- Collaborate with the partner company to ensure schedules/plans are aligned.
- Schedule and manage cross functional/cross company team meeting
- Follow up on action items with all team members and ensure that all team members are delivering to the agreed upon schedule
- Proactively identify, document, and communicate changes to original project schedule/scope
- Create and deliver program status presentations to the overall program manager
- 2+ years of project management or program management experience in a global B2B technology company
- Conceptual understanding of enterprise applications, data center, databases, virtualization and cloud solutions
- Experience with joint partner solutions, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High Energy, passionate and has a “does what it takes” attitude
- Experience documenting project plans using various project management tools (such as MS Project, Smart Sheet, Google Sheets, Google Docs etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree