Consumer Media Relations Manager (FTE) (Irvine, CA or San Jose, CA)
We are looking for a Consumer/Lifestyle Media Relations manager to pitch stories for a high tech consumer product company to consumer/lifestyle media outlets. In this new role at the company, the Consumer Media Relations Manager will be responsible for understanding and tracking consumer/celebrity trends and making the technology relevant to consumers. Must have relationships with consumer media outlets.
This is an FTE role onsite in Irvine, CA or San Jose, CA.
· Develop and implement media strategies and drive plans and programs from conception to completion.
· Create pitch stories and “sell” these stories to a broad base of consumer/lifestyle outlets.
· Create media content such as articles, stories, reports, etc.
· Play key role in planning and execution of consumer program activations, media events, satellite media tours, desk side briefings, program implementation
· Work with spokespeople in media interviews, manage their appearances and contribute appropriately
· Identify trends within the media landscape, share and recommend pivots strategies based on trends
· 6+ years of agency or in-house PR/communications experience working with consumer lifestyle media
· Strong, reliable, current relationships with consumer media and influencers
· Knowledge of TV, radio, and print outlets as well as knowledge about paid media costs
· Excellent creative writing, editing, communication and presentation skills. News writing knowledge and background.
· Creative, energetic, ability to sell stories
· 20% travel to media events, celebrity endorsement meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.