Data Analyst - CPQ (Palo Alto, CA)
We are looking for a Data Analyst for the finance team of a large B2B high tech. The Finance organization is leading a cross-functional effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of pricing and discounting activities on a global basis. The Data and Visualization Analyst will support the project’s Project Managers, focusing on data gathering, transformation, analysis, and visualization of financial and operational data for executive and field decision making. The key business process to be analyze is the Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) process.
This is a 6-month project (extensions possible), 40 hours per week, onsite at the client's offices in Palo Alto, CA.
This is a W-2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct data quality and computation problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Document requirements (data, process flows, algorithms) into Business Requirements Documents (BRD).
- Support project management, business intelligence, and analytics activities and systems.
- 6+ years’ experience as a hands-on Data Analyst, working in B2B High Tech companies
- CPQ process hands on experience
- Tableau Desktop Professional Certification preferred
- Extremely detail oriented and results driven, with end-to-end responsibility delivering BI projects
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Expertise in handling complex queries, functions, stored procedures, and optimizing database performance databases (SQL, PL-SQL, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (SAP Business Objects, Oracle BIEE) and visualization packages (Tableau Desktop/Server, Microsoft Power BI)
- B.S. in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics