Director, Product & Solutions Marketing (FTE)
We are looking for a Director to lead Product and Solutions Marketing at a dynamic start up in the software defined data storage market (object-based storage). The company is targeting enterprise customers with new technology solutions to manage data workloads. This strategic and tactical role will focus on establishing positioning/messaging, managing new product introductions, content creation, support of the sales team, etc. The role will begin as an individual contributor and grow to lead a team.
This is an FTE role onsite in Santa Clara, CA.
- Work with cross functional teams to define key products/solutions, needed to drive the adoption of object-based storage over traditional storage
- Define positioning & messaging, value proposition
- Define and create key sales and marketing materials, including web and landing pages, presentation decks, datasheets, “whiteboards,” technical- & economics-oriented whitepapers, industry & vertical materials, and competitive materials.
- Lead overall product and solution launches
- Collaborate with the head of Business Development to work with complementary technology providers to define and launch joint solutions
- Lead competitive efforts, from assessment to enablement
- 5+ years in product and/or solutions marketing roles, with experience identifying and targeting market opportunities and developing the core content and managing product launches and leading strategic initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in data storage, databases or technology infrastructure markets
- Ability to serve as a key representative of the company, from social media to customer discussions to partner recruitment.
- Start up experience: ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree