Marketing Content Writer – Consumer Tech (FTE) (San Jose, CA or Irvine, CA)
We are looking for a Content Writer to create a variety of marketing content for high tech consumer products. The focus of this role is to create content that is positioned and placed in consumer outlets – digital media, print magazines (i.e Cosmo), newspapers, speaking opportunities, etc, that promote the brand and lifestyle associated with the consumer tech products. For this role, we are looking for a consumer focused writer who can create content that taps into trends and attracts media attention.
This is an FTE role with the client, onsite in San Jose, CA or Irvine, CA.
· Develop content strategies as part of multi-disciplined communications projects.
· Develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, blogs, reports, presentations, video scripts, and speeches.
· Collaborate and communicate with multiple cross-functional teams to align on content and campaigns.
· Identify trends within the media landscape, sharing them with the team and recommending pivot strategies based on these trends.
· Amplify the brand story through a variety of marketing projects, combining creative writing with strategic insights to craft inspiring and effective narratives.
· 3+ years of journalism, communications or content creation experience, in the consumer space.
· Portfolio of published articles, either as a ghostwriter or under your name.
· Clear understanding of today’s changing editorial and digital content landscapes.
· Interest in, knowledge of consumer electronics and trends in the digital space.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Business or Marketing.