Open Source Community – Marketing Manager (Palo Alto, CA)
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to support a customer programs marketing team at a large B2B high tech company. The client is focusedbuilding their presence and reputation in the open source community. To further that goal, this individual will be responsible for developing and executing various internal and external communications strategies, including blogs, social media, newsletters, Twitter, Github page for client employees, etc.
This is a 9 month project, 40 hours per week, onsite at the client's offices in Palo Alto, CA(4 days per week).
This is a W-2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Manage the Open Source blog site and editorial calendar. Foster new contributors, execute and update editorial calendar, ensure timely publication of content, monitor consumption trends.
- Seed social media awareness content to key contributors and social media influencers for additional amplification. Support development of open source influencer marketing strategies. Develop and execute social media plans for key conferences.
- Assume responsibility for open source content on external website and github.com landing pages
- Provide communications and digital marketing support to key top tier open source projects.
- Working with Employee Communications team, AR and PR teams communicate progress in open source contributions, community, and collaborations. Help make employee open source contributors “heros”; help to enable open source contributors gain recognition for their efforts internally in R&D
- 5+years experience in B2B high tech marketing and social media.
- Experience with managing open source community marketing content, metrics
- Skilled communicator and writer.
- Proficient in WordPress; familiar with social media tools such as Hootsuite, Spreadfast, Radian6.
- Bachelors Degree