Social Media Specialist – Gaming (Santa Cruz, CA)
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist to support social engagement efforts at a large company in Santa Cruz, CA. As the Social Media Specialist supporting the Gaming Consumer Products team, this role is responsible for developing and implementing strategic social marketing programs on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. As part of the Global Communications team, you will work closely with other internal teams to understand, leverage and integrate elements of key campaigns and programs in support of social and influencer engagement programs aligned to events, and regional marketing programs.
This is a 40 hour per week role onsite work (can work remotely one day per week) in Santa Cruz, CA, for 12 months. This is a w2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Understand and integrate with the gaming product team and the gaming community
- Maintain and manage a key piece of the social media community and content marketing effort
- Develop and maintain a strategic alliance focused social media content calendar aligned with corporate initiatives including product and solution launches, special offers, events, etc.
- Partner with Digital Marketing/Events team and regional marketing stakeholders to drive and support key initiatives
- Develop and schedule social and influencer content plans surrounding events, tradeshows and executive speaking sessions
- Measure social media metrics and impact – drive improvements to the social media efforts
- Stay current with gaming industry, social & community engagement best practices and implement strategies to increase the reach and impact of your content pieces
· 1-2 years in a social marketing role, at a B2C company
· Prior work in or affinity for the gaming market; knowledge of online/video games/console games
· Experience with social media content planning and content creation
· Hands-on experience programming social media content on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
· Travel- 10-15% of the time to US events, such as E3, GamesCom, etc.
· BA/BS degree preferred; or combination of education and experience in a marketing position