Sr. Product Manager – Telecommunications (FTE) (Santa Cruz, CA)
We are looking for a senior Product Manager for a global B2B high tech company team, to manage a core product offering. This is a strategic role where you will understand customer needs, channel needs and the competitive intelligence to develop a long-term road map which outlines the product offering, positioning, pricing, warranty and profitability guidelines for a complete product line business plan. This role will also include working closely with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Pricing, Finance and Corporate Strategy teams on the execution of the plan.
This is an FTE role onsite role in Santa Cruz, CA. Compensation includes base salary, bonus, stock options, full benefits.
- Lead Market and User research and create a short term and longer term product roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally to develop a long term business plan for the full product portfollio
- Strategically develop product positioning considering pricing, innovations, feature benefit value and unique selling propositions (USP)
- Manage WW product transitions and end-of-life strategies including pricing, and inventory levels minimizing financial exposure.
- Work with marketing and channel/field teams on definition and execution of launch activities, messaging and field programs.
- Business partner with sales, product marketing, OPS, corporate strategy and pricing teams to develop and drive alignment and execution of our forecasts, P&Ls and new product ROIs to ensure revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop and deliver new product development phase presentations for Senior Management and participate as a core team member on cross-functional new product development teams responsible for product definition, development, and execution.
- 7+ yrs product management experience with demonstrated success in launching products and successfully managing product lifecycles.
- Prior experience with contact center products. Experience from vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, Five9, RingCentral, 8X8, etc preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively, and interest in being a subject matter expert
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Experience presenting to audiences of technical / professional users, management, and/or customers
- Experience in understanding market / competitive trends and customer problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Travel is at approximately 25% of time (to support development, customer meetings, or industry conferences).