Technical Solutions Support Engineer (FTE) (Santa Clara, CA)
We are looking for an experienced Technical Solutions Support Engineer for an FTE role at a Software Defined Enterprise Storage start up. This role is in the client’s Customer Success Team and will be responsible for the pre-sales technical support (defining and managing proof of concepts to win deals) and post-sales technical support. This role will partner with Sales Engineers and the Engineering team to win deals and create customer success.
This is a FTE role, at our client’s office in Santa Clara, CA.
- Customer pre-sales support during customer technology trials, helping customers setup, test and benchmark a solution.
- Post-sales, pre-production solution design, helping customers develop best practices and operation procedures.
- Post-sales, production deployment, helping customers troubleshoot and resolve product and ecosystem issues.
- Testing product workarounds prior to applying a remedy on customer site.
- Customer advocacy; helping our engineering team to meet customer requirements on quality and functionality completeness.
- Working with technology partners to resolve ecosystem customer issues.
- 3+ years of industry experience in testing, system engineering or technical support.
- Hands-on experience in technical areas: Storage or Networking and Linux.
- Experience working in a lab, setting up servers, switches/routers and storage devices.
- Good communication skills to interact with customers in person and via teleconference.
- Basic scripting skills with Linux shell or python.
- Server virtualization (Linux, VMWare), highly preferred.
- Automation and orchestration with OpenStack and Kubernetes, highly preferred
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering.