Business Analyst – Content Migration (Palo Alto, CA)
We are looking for a Business Analyst for a large B2B high tech company. The Business Analyst will focus on content migration from the intranet of an acquired company to the parent company. This person will work closely with cross functional teams, including Global Communications, IT and business stakeholders to undertake the implementation migration of intranet content.
As a Content Migration Business Analyst, you will lead exercises to review and analyze data from various solutions in order to share back all required planning documents. The BA will work closely with teams to ensure data migration requirements are fully captured and understood, helping with the client data when required and working closely with delivery/dev. teams to ensure all scripts used are current and fulfill requirements for data migrations. Including content migration and capability implementations, from planning through to launch and post-launch phases. The BA will need to produce and ensure the quality of all analysis outputs such as detailed data maps, business rules, mapping rules, functional specifications, interface specifications, use cases, test cases etc. while working closely with the IT and business leads to schedule analysis activities and milestones.
This is a 4 month project (extensions possible), 40 hours per week, onsite at the client's offices in Palo Alto, CA.
This is a W-2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Gather, identify, document requirements for data migration and content alignment
- Content evaluation; mapping and compliances
- System data analysis for proper mapping of content and capabilities
- Identify and track potential gaps and work with SMEs to determine priority and scope for solutioning
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements, as needed
- Partner with IT leads to manage data migration process
- Assist with manual creation/migration of content as needed
- Identify and share potential impacts of migration risks and provide gap analysis
- Develop best practices, processes, and standards for data migration
- Review and approve design documents
- Manage scrum meetings – reoccurring/ad-hoc.; back log review
- Participate in release meetings and sprint planning – raise issues with SMEs/Channel Owner(s)
- Provide functional support pre and post development phases
- Provide scripts for QA/UAT, conduct QA/UAT and share outputs/results via required queue
- 4+ years’ experience as a business analyst in large b2b high tech companies
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in system testing and administration
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience