Finance Data Analyst (Palo Alto, CA)
We are looking for a Data Analyst for the finance team of a global b2b high tech company. The Finance organization is leading a cross-functional effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of pricing and discounting activities on a global basis. A Discounting and Value Management (DVM) initiative, set up to drive these efforts, requires a Finance data Analyst to provide financial, business and operational support to the DVM discounting and leadership in line with the organization’s goals with primary focus on SaaS solutions transformation.
This is a 6 month project (extensions possible), 40 hours per week, onsite at the client's offices in Palo Alto, CA.
This is a W-2 role as a Stage 4 Solutions’ employee, health benefits offered.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses of SaaS solutions that are sold by the company (requirements specification, data processing).
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Document requirements (data, process flows, algorithms) into Business Requirements Documents (BRD) or User Stories.
- Create the necessary dashboards and reports and provide insights into emerging patterns and trends. Work at a fast pace with large data sets.
- Understand our SaaS business deeply, understand the impact of our product flows, audiences, and pathways.
- Proactively discover hidden relationships within data, solve difficult analytical problems.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations that will help drive every decision we make.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, engineers and dashboard designers.
- 3+ years’ experience in a SaaS company with specific experience working on enabling SaaS business models/offerings; 7+ years of post college experience
- Prior hands-on Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst or Business Systems Analyst experience, including understanding process, data, and business system conditions for quote-to-cash
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects or Oracle BIEE), databases (SQL, etc.), and visualization (Tableau)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to middle management.
- Bachelors Degree